The Government has made an announcement about changes to the COVID-19 Protection Framework and vaccination mandates. Here is what employers and employees need to know.
- Vaccination mandates in the education, police, defence and hospitality/close contact industries will end from 11.59pm on Monday 4 April 2022.
- Mandates remain in place for health, aged care, corrections, MIQ and border workers.
- The removal of mandates does not make dismissals that occurred while the mandates were in place unlawful nor does it mean employees will automatically be reinstated.
- The announcements do not have an impact on the policies of those in the private sector, though it may be a good time for those in the private sector to review their policy and the justification for that policy.
COVID-19 Protection Framework
- From 11.59pm on Friday 25 March 2022 individuals are no longer required to scan QR codes and businesses are no longer required to display QR codes
- The protection framework remains in place but there are changes to limits under each setting.
- My Vaccine Passes will no longer be required under the protection framework from 11.59pm on Monday 4 April 2022.
If you need advice on how these changes impact you or your organisation please contact the team at Black Door Law Limited.